A little bit about me...
Louisa has had a love of cinema from an early age, starting with her first theatrical experience (“Star Wars”) when she was barely 4 years old. Soon after, she would sneak downstairs at 6 am on Sunday mornings to quietly watch “At the Movies” with Siskel and Ebert. Louisa was the strange 8 year old who asked for subscriptions to film magazines for Christmas and movie posters for her birthday.
Growing up in a small town meant limited theater options so she spent most of her childhood repeatedly watching a very large VHS tape library. Movies remained a central part of her life over the years, and her love affair with the movies blossomed in college where she earned a degree in Cinema Studies.
Movies are still Louisa’s passion and she enjoys films that span all genres. The Sundance Film Festival, TIFF, SXSW, Fantastic Fest, the Napa Valley Film Festival, and San Diego Comic Con are yearly trips for this self-proclaimed movie geek.
Louisa is a Tomatometer-approved critic for Rotten Tomatoes, a film reviewer for CherryPicks, member of the Society of Professional Journalists, President of the Online Association of Female Film Critics, serves on the Board of the Critics Groups for Equality in Media (CGEM), and is a proud member of the Las Vegas Film Critics Society, the Critics Choice Association, the Internet Film Critics Society (IFCS), Film Independent, and the Online Film & Television Association. She is also a contributing “New Voices” writer for LeonardMaltin.com and a programming screener for the San Diego Film Festival. Louisa is a voter for the Independent Spirit Awards as well as the Critics Choice Awards.
* Online Association of Female Film Critics, President
* Rotten Tomatoes Tomatometer-Approved Critic
* Critics Groups for Equality in Media (CGEM), Board Member
* Critics Choice Association, Member
* Society of Professional Journalists, Member
* Las Vegas Film Critics Society, Member
* Film Independent, Member
* Online Film & Television Association, Member
* CherryPicks, Film Writer and Critic
* Internet Film Critics Society, Member
* LAMB Large Association of Movie Blogs, Member
* FilmFed, Contributing Critic
Louisa’s all-time favorite movie is “Wall-E.”